I mean, even if you don’t ship it, doesn’t it just kinda break your heart to think of them as not being friends?
It’s just that, on a non-ridiculous fangirl note, I like that Lizzie and Caroline become friends in the same way I like that Charlotte and Lydia have been fleshed out more in this adaptation. I like positive female friendships in media. I like previously shallow characters being given more depth. I like that even though I’m familiar with the story, I feel like I’ve just been introduced to these characters.
I know there’s going to be some gross, inevitable betrayal of some sort, but I like to think that if Lydia can be more than a shallow party girl, Caroline can probably be more than just a deceitful jealous person. I also refuse to believe that Caroline can act as a friend for this long without some of those friend-making vibes rubbing off on her.
LBD seems like it’s moving towards some really huge Darcy-discovering-everything-Caroline-is-deceitful-oh-noes, but I’m hoping that in the aftermath, Caroline doesn’t just become some past enemy. I like her, and I want her to stay.
- endlesslydeathx reblogged this from bennetdiaries
- tapedtomyunderboobs reblogged this from bennetdiaries
- lennysaurusb reblogged this from bennetdiaries
- emissarydeatons reblogged this from bennetdiaries
- emissarydeatons likes this
- percentile-perhaps likes this
- meowriarty reblogged this from butwewereokay and added:
- butwewereokay reblogged this from bennetdiaries and added:
- bennetdiaries posted this